This is the post for you if you’re looking for easy keto meatballs. Stretch those dollars with a keto meatball parmesan casserole for dinner and then keto meatball subs for lunch the next day.
The family, the budget, and your tummy will be happy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you. This information is not intended to be medical education and is not medical advice. It should not be used as a substitute for your or any medical professional. You should always seek counsel from your physician before beginning any new diet or exercise regime. Yes, this means talking with your doctor even if we’re simply offering the yummiest low-carb meatballs. Also, Nom nom, nom.
I don’t know about you, but I can eat keto meatballs all year long and I get excited by recipes that act as 2 different meals. Sure, leftovers are great in my book. But if you can also sneak in a similar but different preparation, well, that’s a win!
Take this keto meatball parmesan casserole to your dinner table tonight. Then use the leftovers with your favorite low-carb bread tomorrow and you’ll have easy keto meatball subs for the family. Dinner and lunch – done!
This Recipe Is All About Keto Meatballs
Low Carb Meatball Recipes
Every family I knew growing up had a favorite spaghetti and meatball recipe and most, a favorite night to make it. If you had a big friend group, you would plan the weekends accordingly to the menu rotation.
In particular, there was one friend whose Nona made the world’s best and juiciest meatball smothered in a homemade sauce and garnished with tons of grated parmesan cheese. This was the house where I was first introduced to al dente pasta. They also served a salad with homemade Italian dressing AFTER the entree. I loved this and it made Friday nights very special.
This was also the house that would let me sip on homemade limoncello. Epic!
What memories are conjured as you’re searching for low carb meatball recipes?
Keto Meatball Casserole
I’m old. Like, super old. How did I make it this far in life without knowing that a meatball casserole was a thing?
I’ve had meatballs served on a plate or mini ones with a toothpick. Both served as an appetizer. I’ve fallen in love with Giada’s meatball salad. Of course, I’ve had many a meatball sub in my life as well as sliced meatballs on pizza. I’m sure I’ve had a meatball calzone. There have to be a few meatball crockpot dinners in my past, too. Lastly, and of course, I’ve definitely had my share of spaghetti and meatballs.
But never a meatball casserole. Has this been a star in your recipe box and I’m over here feeling silly for just discovering it?
Well, now I’m obsessed.
This is going to be the next recipe that I keto-fy. How good does this Italian Wedding Casserole look? We can always count on Ree Drummond to bring us the best comfort food ideas.
Until then, let us focus on a keto meatball parmesan casserole that is an absolute yummy dream.
RELATED POST: Add These Insanely Yummy ‘Meatballs’ To Your Vegan Keto Diet
This is a vegan keto cheeseburger meatball, but you can totally use ground beef if you’re not feeling the vegan vibe.
Keto Meatball Parmesan Casserole
There are two great things about this recipe that are important to mention. Unless you love doing dishes, I think you’ll really enjoy this first point.
- WE DO NOT PAN SEAR. Were you always taught to brown or sear your meatballs in a pan to lock in those juices before adding them to a saucy bath? If so, that means you need a pan, probably some oil, and tongs to rotate those scrumptious balls. While that method is great and I know it works, it does create more cleaning (the pan and the grease that flies all over the stovetop). This method also puts you at risk of ruining the ball shape if you are not careful. If you’ve ever seared a meatball into a triangle shape, you know what I’m talking about.
- WE DO SNEAK IN A VEGGIE. We’re going to be adding a cup of shredded zucchini to our meatballs and no one will be the wiser. The kids will never know! The zucchini makes the meatball so juicy!
No meatball casserole would be complete without cheese. Obviously, we added parmesan. Otherwise, this would not be a parmesan casserole. We also add mozzarella and provolone. The provolone will double as added cheese for the keto meatball sub. But more on that later.
Since we’re discussing cheese, is now the proper time for a cheese pull image to seal the deal and inspire you to make this dish tonight?
Keto Meatball Recipes Should Be Easy
This recipe is so easy! Turn on the oven, grab a large bowl, and put all of the ingredients in except your low-carb marinara and extra cheese to melt before serving. Mix what’s in the bowl, form your desired meatball size, and place them into a greased baking dish.
Often, recipes have you combining a few things in one bowl, and then others in a different one before ultimately combining them. All that means is more dishes to clean. No thank you, not tonight – tonight is easy.
Keto Meatball Sub
How do you feel about garlic bread? Have you ever tried garlic butter on the inside of the roll before adding your toppings? It seems simple, and it is. It’s also so good when making a meatball sub.
You can reheat the meatballs in your microwave or on the stovetop with a touch more sauce if needed. Don’t forget to add an extra slice of provolone cheese. We need an extra cheesy meatball sub!
The last step is to build your perfect meatball sub.
Keto meatballs have never tasted so good!
Keto Meatball Parmesan Casserole
- 1 # Ground Turkey Or any ground meat that you wish
- 1 # Ground Italian Sausage
- 1.5 C Mozzarella Cheese, shredded Reserve 1/2 cup to use later
- 1/3 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 C Zucchini, shredded
- 1 ea Egg
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 2 T Dried Minced Onion
- 2 T Minced Garlic Use the garlic in the jar for extra garlic flavor from the "juice"
- 2 T Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 t Salt
- 1.5 C No Sugar Added Marinara
- 6 Sliced Provolone Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a large baking dish
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meats through the salt and gently mix making sure all ingredients are well combined
- Form even-sized meatballs (use a scooper for consistency) and place them into the baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the meatballs are fully cooked
- Carefully tilt the baking dish and pour out as much grease as possible
- Next, evenly pour the marinara sauce over the meatballs. Then, place the provolone cheese slices on top and finish with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle crushed red pepper if you like it a bit spicy.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted
This Post Was All About Keto Meatballs
Other posts you may be interested in:
This Insanely Creamy Keto Sausage Dip Is A Must Try
Peek Inside For One Of Your New Favorite Lazy Keto Dinner Ideas
Hamburger Keto Recipes: #1 Way To Level Up Your Post-Bar Snacking
Examples Of Low Carb Snacks That Will Inspire You
615 Chestnut Street Lobby
Philadelphia, PA 19106