Do you want to know how to make keto meals easy on your time and budget while conquering the juiciest shredded chicken, ever?
This post will show you 3 easy chicken methods to make quick keto meals like this effortless low-carb casserole!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you. This information is not intended to be medical education and is not medical advice. It should not be used as a substitute for your or any medical professional. You should always seek counsel from your physician before beginning any new diet or exercise regime. Yes, this means talking with your doctor even if we’re simply offering a surprisingly simple and juicy chicken, veggie, and cheese casserole. Also, Nom nom, nom.
I’m the girl that gets happy with pretty food. I like making an effort. I’m also the girl who excels in the lazy department and I don’t want to fall off track with my goals when I’m short on time. Making keto meals easy will solve both the time crunch and low-carb situations when I want to give up or give in. I’m talking to you, high-carb pizza.
This is the post for you if you’re looking for easy healthy keto recipes that fit within your time constraints. Keto family meals, especially on those hectic weeknights, should be as simple and delicious as this casserole.
This Recipe Is All About Making Keto Meals Easy
When You Search: Keto Meals Easy Dinners on the Google
What are you after for dinner tonight? Where are you? Are you in the office searching for something easy to make? Or, are you in the grocery store now and on your phone looking for cheap keto dinner recipes?
If you’re the former – be careful! Since big brother is probably watching, don’t get inspired and in trouble. If you’re the latter, I applaud your ability to let the grocery store and your phone dictate your purchase. My brain doesn’t work like that (I am an over-planner who loves lists), teach me your ways!
Here’s what I know. When I search, I want juicy, cheesy, protein-packed, veggies, low-carb, and a ton of flavor. So long as those boxes are checked, I don’t need anything fancy or picture-worthy. I just want to go home, make an easy yummy dinner and I want to enjoy it without any fuss.
Here’s a prime example of fuss. How do we make lazy keto meals baked casserole-style look pretty?
I don’t think we do. Exhibit A: a blob of food on the plate above. Equally as impressive is Exhibit B: the grease-stained wall behind the plate. I guess I have some cleaning to do. But I think the point is made, right? Sometimes we just want to make keto meals easy on our time, our budget, and our camera (lol).
Make Chicken Keto Meals Easy
I don’t know what you think, but for me, there are 3 ways that I would make shredded chicken for this recipe. Although “make” is a stretch for one of the 3. Let’s get that one out of the way now.
The store-bought rotisserie chicken. Ok, ok, so it’s already made for us but we do have to shred the chicken for the dish so that “work” counts, no? I feel a strong and resounding yes to that question.
Secondly, we can use our crockpots and slowly cook the chicken to a shredder’s dream. However, that method requires forethought and that may not be in the cards for you right now.
Thirdly and finally, we can poach our chicken and have it ready in about 15 minutes. Which is also about the time you’ll need to prepare the remaining ingredients in this recipe. Winner, winner, chicken dinner – right?
Here are 2 links to poached chicken that you must check out. I’m obsessed with both of these ladies and I encourage you to share in that obsession!
- Easy Poached Chicken: Downshiftology by Lisa Bryan. This website and creator are a dream. You will get lost (in a good way) within the walls of her site finding all sorts of inspiration.
- How To Poach Chicken: by Daphne Oz. This TikTok video is short and sweet and everything you need to know about the poaching method I used for this keto casserole. She is also an amazing creator and you should follow her Tiktok account straight away!
Is This One Of The Best Keto Recipes?
I think so and let me tell you why. Certainly, I like the ingredients and devoured this casserole in 2 days. But, I don’t know you (Hi! Nice to meet you!) or what you like. However, I do know that you can swap many of the ingredients to make it perfect for you. For example, I’ve added broccoli.
No? You don’t like broccoli? Ok – try green beans, spinach, or cauliflower.
I’ve added ricotta cheese along with mild white cheddar cheese. Not your thing? Cool, you do you, and throw in the cheeses that please you. That’s what makes casseroles and easy dinners the best. You get the foundation and you tweak it to what you love.
So, let us get to that foundation and we’ll build a yummy low-carb dinner for you to try tonight.
Keto Meals Easy Prep Easy Dinner
I’ve already told you that I chose Daphne Oz’s poached chicken recipe. And, I went simple with my aromatics for this dish.
To a pot, I added 3 small chicken breasts that I had trimmed removing as much fat as I could. Then I added cold water to about an inch over the chicken. Next, I measured with my heart (I love that expression) some poultry seasoning, black pepper, and dried minced onion. I threw all of that into the water and followed the rest of her steps as outlined in the Tiktok video. Except for 1!
I followed Lisa from Downshiftology’s method of using the stand mixer. I did this so that I could incorporate a bit of the cooking liquid back into the chicken for extra juiciness.
When I tell you this chicken shredded like a dream! So easy, so juicy. It has become my favorite way to make shredded chicken.
Prep your other ingredients while the chicken cooks and you’re in good shape for a low-carb meal that takes about 30 minutes in total. I know, right?
Would You Consider This – Keto Recipes For Beginners?
I sure do and have a sneaky suspicion you will, too! Let’s review the remaining ingredients and then away you go. Time to cook your next favorite casserole.
- Alfredo (look for a garlic one to reinforce that flavor, see image below)
- Ricotta Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Minced Garlic from the Jar (the juice adds flavor)
Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Poultry Seasoning, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Dry Minced Onion, to taste
- 7 ea Cooked Bacon, diced Keep some bacon to the side to sprinkle on the top of the casserole
- 1 Small Head of Broccoli, Chopped
- 1/2 c Alfredo
- 1/2 c Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 c Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 c Mild Cheddar, shredded Keep 1/4 cup to the side to sprinkle on the top of the casserole
- 1 T Minced Garlic Best from the jar with the added juice
- Preheat the oven the 400 degrees
- Trim excess fat from your chicken breasts, place in a pot, and cover with cold water to about an inch above the chicken
- Add the poultry seasoning, black pepper, and minced onion to the pot and bring to a boil (about 12 - 15 minutes)
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon keeping some aside to use as garnish
- Steam the broccoli and give it a rough chop
- Flip each chicken breast once the liquid boils and drop the heat to a simmer
- Cover the pot and let the chicken cook for an additional 8 - 10 minutes
- Shred the cooked chicken in a stand mixer with a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Do not over-process the chicken, level 2 should be adequate and the process should take no more than 1 minute
- To a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, bacon, broccoli, and the alfredo sauce through the minced garlic
- Combine all and put into an 8X8X2 baking dish
- Top the dish with the remaining cheese and bacon
- Bake for 15 - 25 minutes uncovered or until the cheese is golden and bubbly
This Post Was All About Making Keto Meals Easy
Other posts you may be interested in:
615 Chestnut Street Lobby
Philadelphia, PA 19106