All Low Carb Pot Luck Recipes Should Be As Delicious As This One.
Take Some Shortcuts (Rotisserie Chicken) Or Season And Prepare Your Own Chicken. Afterward, This Bisque Comes Together Quickly.
Everyone At The Pot Luck Will Be Asking You For This One!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you. This information is not intended to be medical education and is not medical advice. It should not be used as a substitute for your or any medical professional. You should always seek counsel from your physician before beginning any new diet or exercise regime. Yes, this means talking with your doctor even if we’re simply making one damn good soup. Also, Nom nom, nom.
This is one of the best low carb pot luck recipes to make in advance. Leave it in the pot, in your fridge, and bring the whole thing to the party. Reheat on the stovetop and serve with some fun garnishes.
Everyone is going to ask you for this keto chicken enchilada bisque at your next pot luck.
One Of The Best Low Carb Pot Luck Recipes
SO YOU NEED A LOW CARB POT LUCK IDEA
The first thing to consider is the number of guests you wish to accommodate. Your second thought may include some of the following words: Easy / Low Cost / Delicious / Simple Serving Dish / Keto.
If you like all those descriptions, you’re going to love this Keto Chicken Enchilada Bisque. Bonus Tip: Thin it out with more chicken broth if you prefer soup over a thicker bisque.
EASY SHREDDED KETO CHICKEN
Whenever possible, make your own shredded chicken. This gives you more flavor control. It’s so easy – I promise!
You’ll season, sear, add stock, and let it go until it’s ready to be pulled apart with two forks. But, in a pinch, rotisserie chicken will work, too.
I loosely followed this shredded chicken recipe from Downshiftology. However, I added a cup and a half of chicken stock and let the chicken cook for about 50 minutes before I felt it was ready to shred. Your cooking time may vary also but once you get this method down you’ll find yourself making it over and over again. It’s the perfect prep-ahead protein for salads, omelets, and a quick taco.
Don’t forget to season the chicken. Here, I used a taco blend and a few shakes of the ground garlic shaker. I also seasoned the broth.
LOW CARB MEALS TO FEED A CROWD
Now that your chicken is done, let’s remove it from the pot reserving any liquids that remain. You’ll want to add this flavor bomb back into the bisque!
Next, we’ll get to the bisque by using the same pot. On the stovetop, heat some oil and lightly saute onion, peppers, a can of green chilies, and some spices over medium heat.
The garlic will follow and then your choice of an enchilada sauce. If this is your first time making this, check the flavor of the sauce before adding it. I like spicy and I prefer the green sauce over the red.
Sprouts, a local grocery store in Philly, has the absolute best Organic Green Chili Enchilada Sauce. It’s incredibly good. But it’s also zippy. I take this into account and make sure to not add too much additional spice. After all, this is a pot luck and there are many personalities at the party.
The last few steps include chicken stock, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, lime juice, cilantro, and the juicy shredded chicken you made earlier.
That’s it. Let your baby simmer and thicken, prepare some fixings for garnish, and get ready to pass out this recipe to your friends and family. They will definitely want to know how to make this one.
This Post Was All About Your New Favorite Of All The Low Carb Pot Luck Recipes
Additional Posts You May Be Interested In:
615 Chestnut Street Lobby
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Keto Chicken Enchilada Bisque
- 2 T Avocado Oil
- 2 # Chicken Breast Trimmed of extra fat
- 2 T Taco Seasoning
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1.5 C Chicken Stock
- 1 T Cumin
- 1/2 t Ground Black Pepper
CHICKEN ENCHILADA BISQUE
- 1 T Avocado Oil
- 1 C Onion, chopped
- 1 C Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 4-oz can Green Chilies
- 2 T Chili Powder
- 2 t Cumin
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 10 - 16 oz Enchilada Sauce red or green
- 4 C Chicken Stock
- 4 oz Cream Cheese or 8oz if you like it extra creamy
- 1/2 C Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 C Cilantro, chopped
- 1 - 2 Lime, juiced and zested
- Sour Cream
- Assorted Hot Peppers
- Low Carb Tortilla Strips Baked Until Cripsy
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat
- Meanwhile, trim off any excess fat from the chicken and season each side with the taco seasoning and garlic powder
- Sear the chicken for 4 minutes on one side, and up to 2 minutes on the other side, and then add the chicken stock
- Season the broth with cumin and black pepper and cover dutch oven letting the chicken simmer for 50 - 90 minutes or until the chicken is pull-apart ready
- Remove the shredded chicken and reserve any remaining juice
- In the same dutch oven over medium-high heat, saute the onion through the salt and pepper in 1 tablespoon of oil
- Stir in the garlic for 1 - 2 minutes once the onions and peppers are softened
- Stir in the enchilada sauce and chicken stock and bring to a gentle boil. Make sure to stir often ensuring the bottom does not burn
- Stir in the cream cheese until fully melted and incorporated
- Use a blender or an emersion blender at this point if you want the bisque to be thick and smooth. Leave the veggie chunks for a rustic bisque
- Add the shredded chicken, cheese, lime juice and zest
- Stir in the cilantro