Easy Keto Recipes Breakfast Edition
Everybody Needs One Low-Carb Sausage Egg Bake In Their Recipe Book. This Is That One!
Scroll On, But Only If You Like Quick And Creamy.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you. This information is not intended to be medical education and is not medical advice. It should not be used as a substitute for your or any medical professional. You should always seek counsel from your physician before beginning any new diet or exercise regime. Yes, this means talking with your doctor even if we’re simply making a super-easy and cheesy keto breakfast bake. Also, Nom nom, nom.
There are (literally) millions of lowcarb breakfast recipes that you can try in your lifetime. This is the one that will make your life easy. Especially if you’re looking to feed a group or if you want to meal prep keto options for the week.
Regardless of the reason, this is your next favorite keto breakfast if creamy sausage and eggs make your heart (and tummy) giddy.
Keto Recipes Breakfast
THE AMBIGUITY OF THE CASSEROLE MAKES KETO COOKING SUPER EASY
According to Wikipedia, a casserole is basically a large deep pan or bowl that can be used to cook almost anything. There are so many things that can fit into that description. Add the word casserole to a recipe and it feels like a pretty bow on top of whatever you’ve stuffed into the vessel.
Here are 3 (really 4) interesting casseroles to illustrate my point. WARNING – these are NOT low carb.
- Strange But True Casserole. No really, that’s the name. It uses 2 cans of spaghetti with meat sauce and a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup. Mmmkay…
- Pineapple Cheese Casserole. Yes, cheese. You’ll find sharp cheddar cheese and cracker crumbs mixed with pineapple. Because why the hell not, right?
- These last 2 are tied in my opinion and equally weird. We’ve got a Scalloped Fish Stick Casserole. Who was thinking of classic layered potatoes with butter and cream and then thought, I know – fish sticks? Fish sticks will round out this dish, duh! The who is Pillsbury and they added frozen peas for the sole purpose of a pop of color. Are you laughing as heartily as I am?
- Finally, we have something called a Johnny Marzetti Casserole. This is the one for you if you go to bed dreaming of beef, tomato soup, mushrooms, and green olives. Someone in Ohio (the birthplace of this dish) hates me right now. I love that for me 😂.
EASY KETO BREAKFAST IDEAS
While a casserole may be strange. It can also be easy. For instance, it is often a one-pot/one-pan endeavor.
I was worried about grease from the ground pork, so I used a skillet and then a baking dish. However, this recipe could have easily been created and finished in a cast iron pan.
So, let’s get into this (not weird) Keto Sausage Breakfast Casserole.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Breakfast Sausage
- Cream Cheese
- And your friend, Jackie*
* This is one of those easy-to-put-together casseroles while you chat with your friend over coffee on a rainy Sunday morning.
Easy Keto Recipes
First, cook your breakfast sausage in a skillet. Add 2 to 4 ounces of cream cheese and melt it into the meat. Next, add a can of drained Rotel and stir in 2 handfuls of spinach until it wilts and everything is well combined.
Next, move that to your casserole dish and let it cool before adding the eggs.
I’ve added 8 eggs here. You can add many more if you’d like more fluff to the sausage ratio. Finally, we’ll top it all with 3 cups of cheese. Then bake this low-carb beauty for about 15 – 18 minutes and finish with a few minutes under the broiler.
Not only is this dish easy, but it’s also delicious! In other words – make this!
This Post Was All About Easy Keto Recipes Breakfast
Additional Posts You May Be Interested In:
615 Chestnut Street Lobby
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 16 oz Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 can Rotel, Drained
- 2 Handfuls Fresh Spinach
- 8 Eggs, Beaten
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 3 c Shredded Cheese Any will do, we used Pepper Jack and Muenster
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a skillet, cook the sausage and drain any extra fat
- Over medium heat, stir in the cream cheese and then add the Rotel followed by the spinach. Mix until well combined and set aside to cool
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture and top with the shredded cheese
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted. Broil the casserole for 2 - 3 minutes to achieve the perfect golden cheese look. Let cool for a few minutes and serve!