If you like juicy and you like crisp bacon, if you’re into cheese, and then some more cheese, I’m pretty sure you’ll love this keto bacon wrapped chicken.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you. This information is not intended to be medical education and is not medical advice. It should not be used as a substitute for your or any medical professional. You should always seek counsel from your physician before beginning any new diet or exercise regime. Yes, this means talking with your doctor even if we’re simply offering the juiciest low-carb chicken stuffed with cheesy goodness and wrapped in bacon. Also, Nom nom, nom.
Are you in the mood for a keto bacon wrapped chicken that’s stuffed with cheesy yumminess? This is a must-add to your favorite keto chicken recipes for weeknight or weekend suppers.
Plus, it’s quick to make. I think you’ll be inspired by the ease of this and may even change the recipe to better suit the flavors you want. Keto stuffed chicken breast can be anything you want it to be, with or without the bacon.
But let’s be honest, bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken should make an appearance at your dinner table now and again. And this is the perfect recipe!
This Recipe Is All About Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Chicken Breast And Bacon Recipes
What images are conjured in your hungry mind when you think about a juicy and perfectly cooked breast of chicken that involves the crispiness of bacon?
Do you think summer or maybe the cooler nights of fall for this hearty dinner?
Perhaps this will help you? Let’s skip to the good part.
That ooey gooey cheesy center. Now, what are you thinking? Summer, fall, or tonight?
If you said tonight, you have chosen wisely!
You’ve Seen Countless Recipes for Chicken Breast and Bacon Recipes
I have, too! So, what makes this one so good? Why am I urging you to give it a go? Because of the diversity available.
Are you the kind of cook who follows a recipe, word by word, measurement by measurement? Or, do you take the core idea and wing it? Maybe you’re a bit of both? For me, I stray.
I’m in the process of moving and have already packed a good amount of my spices and seasonings. I’ve left myself with the core ones that I use on the regular.
Like these triplets of all things wonderful about seasoned salt. Meet Momofuku.
Adding the Savory Seasoned Salt to this chicken dish made all the difference for me. So, I know you can and should personalize this low-carb bacon-wrapped chicken to perfectly match all the flavors and spices you love.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
Here’s everything you may need to know or think about as you prepare this tasty chicken dinner.
I started with these ingredients: chicken, bacon, spinach, scallions, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, pepper jack cheese, and spices.
Next, trim any fat and cut a little pocket in the chicken. Slice a 2-3 inch hole in the thickest part. Or, slice that baby in half, if your chicken is on the thin side. Above all, don’t worry as the bacon acts like wrapping paper holding your stuffing mixture in place. However, little bits of stuffing will inevitably escape. This adds character to your dinner.
I poured all of the spices into a bowl and hit all sides of the chicken including the pocket we just created. Hence elevating the stuffed portion of our dish. Next, stuff that baby. Here is what mine looked like:
After that, you wrap your stuffed chicken in bacon. Which ended up looking like this for me:
Now, let’s draw your attention to the chicken in the background. While the foreground was wrapped like a dream, do you see the error I made on the other one? Check it out here.
Do you see that sloppy piece of bacon that I didn’t tuck in? That piece of bacon fell off during the searing process exposing more of the stuffing mixture than intended and making it look ugly. Meanwhile, the other piece cooked perfectly for me. The key is to use a criss-cross pattern with the bacon, tucking in the end pieces far enough that they do not come loose when they shrink during the cooking process. Similarly, you could use toothpicks to set the bacon.
All was not lost, however. I still fully cooked and completely devoured the “ugly” piece.
Lazy Keto Chicken Recipes Alert
Keto Friendly Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast – The Good-Looking One
In my hungry opinion, anyways. Look at that perfectly wrapped keto present!
Now, on to the full recipe for you to try. Finally, it’s time for you to create your chicken masterpiece and I’d love to see a picture! Please email me anytime at Hello@caseaketo.com
Keto Bacon Wrapped (and Stuffed) Chicken Breast
- 2 ea Chicken Breast Trim excess fat
- 1 t Paprika
- 1 t Momofuku Savory Salt
- 1 t Dry Minced Onion
- 1 t Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 t Italian Seasoning
- 1 t Pepper
- 1/3 block Softened Cream Cheese Use 1/2 of the block based on the size of the chicken
- 3 ea Cooked Bacon Strips, Crumbled
- 1 ea Scallion, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Spinach, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 4 ea Raw Bacon Strips Use 6 strips based on the size of the chicken
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Trim any excess fat off the chicken breasts and cut a 2 to 3-inch pocket into the thickest part of the chicken
- Combine all dry seasoning into a bowl or a plate and season all sides and inside the pocket of the chicken breasts
- In an oven-proof pan, render the 3 strips of bacon on the stovetop. Keep the bacon grease in the pan after removing and crumbling the bacon
- In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, cooked bacon, scallion, spinach, the two kinds of cheeses, and salt and pepper to taste
- Stuff the pockets of the raw chicken with your cream cheese mixture
- Wrap the raw bacon around each chicken breast in a criss-cross pattern ensuring all bacon ends are tucked in and no stuffing is visible
- Heat the same pan you used for the bacon to medium / medium-high and sear each side for 4-5 minutes per side. Do not let the bacon burn
- Stand the chicken upright (stuffing side up) in the pan and place it in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
This Post Was All About Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Other posts you may be interested in:
Enter your email address and never miss a post! Leave a comment and let us know what you have tried and what else you may wish to see from us.
THIS WEBSITE IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM.
615 Chestnut Street Lobby
Philadelphia, PA 19106