This easy low carb breakfast is perfect if you’re into simple and hearty.
Master the base and the topping combinations are endless. It’s the perfect recipe for using leftovers, too.
Use the air fryer or the oven and this will quickly become one of your favorite easy low carb breakfast recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you. This information is not intended to be medical education and is not medical advice. It should not be used as a substitute for your or any medical professional. You should always seek counsel from your physician before beginning any new diet or exercise regime. Yes, this means talking with your doctor even if we’re simply offering an incredibly easy and delicious low carb breakfast bake. And, great news if using leftovers is your thing. As this recipe is a winner in the easy low carb breakfast category. Every time! Also, Nom nom nom.
So, it’s the weekend (maybe), and you want something hearty while reading the paper. But you’ve worked all week (again maybe, you do you) and you don’t want to make a fuss. In swoops this easy low carb breakfast.
If you have an air fryer, cool. You now have access to a fast low carb breakfast. If you don’t, still cool. Simply pop this easy low fat low carb breakfast in the oven and bam! Breakfast is served.
Scroll on for inspiration on your next easy low carb breakfast.
Easy Low Carb Breakfast
1. Low Carb Breakfast Meal Prep
The base of this recipe is simple. You need a shell, you need some eggs, a little more protein (cottage cheese!), you can sneak in some greens, and you can top it off as you’d like with your favorite flavors.
So, what are you thinking?
For my first try, I had some rotisserie chicken in the fridge, a little bit of cheddar cheese, and no-sugar barbecue sauce. I found a little bit of red onion hiding behind some farmer’s market eggs and a handful of spinach. I love BBQ chicken pizza, so I thought I was on to something.
Whatever you’re thinking – get it all out onto the counter and see what your palate craves while your mind and tummy create the perfect dish.
2. Easy Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
While I was confident in my selection of items, I may have been a little too confident about the visual outcome.
Here’s what I thought it would look like. With a tortilla shell in place of the crust, of course.
Here’s what it really looked like.
Nailed it. Insert endless giggles here.
So, ya – NOT THE PRETTIEST but man oh man was it delicious. But what is your goal in the kitchen, anyway? Award-winning photography or something that tastes super yummy with crispy cheese? I chose the latter every time. Every time.
Here’s a side view that may look a little better. Emphasis on the may. The emphasis is still on the yum. This truly was delicious.
3. Quick Low Carb Breakfast; What Is Quick?
The part of this recipe that makes it quick could be the cooking time in the air-fryer. But I guess, it could also imply quick steps to prepare your breakfast masterpiece. What do you think? What’s more important to you – 15 minutes in the air-fryer, 30 minutes in the oven, or quick steps prior to the cooking process?
For me, the quick part is in the preparation, not the cooking time.
Here are the steps I took to prepare the dish.
- Put 2 egg whites into a blender**
- Add 1/4 cup of cottage cheese (to make the dish fluffy and packed with more protein – you can’t taste it, I swear)
- Add a handful of spinach and a splash of milk
**Let’s address blending eggs. I wasn’t sure so I searched online and found this article by Eggyguru. Here’s the article if you’d like to read it: Don’t Mix Eggs In A Blender.
After reading this, I was feeling pretty confident that I could use the blender for the egg whites. It was a good decision as far as my belly can report. Ok, back to the steps.
- Place a carb-friendly tortilla in the air-fryer or a small baking dish forming a bowl shape. Then pour your blended egg mixture into that bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, or really any seasoning you wish.
- Add your preferred toppings and away you go. See the full recipe for further details.
4. Low Carb Low Fat Breakfast
As mentioned, you really can create any flavor profile that you wish once you master the base. As a reminder, the base is egg whites (go ahead and go full-on egg, if you wish), a little bit of cottage cheese for protein and fluffiness, and a handful of spinach because Popeye says so.
Next, it’s all on you. I loved the barbecue chicken toppings but I also tried a pizza version with low-sugar marinara, mozzarella, and a few pepperoni slices.
But don’t stop there! What else sounds good to you? Maybe a Mediterranean version with feta cheese and a few black olives? How about a western omelet inspiration with ham and a few peppers? The options are endless and you can cater them to your fat, calorie, and carb needs. That’s why this recipe is so great!
5. Low Carb Breakfast Without Eggs
Eggs are the protein focus of this recipe, but if you’ve made it this far into the post and you’re considering an easy option without eggs, well, you can do that, too!
Protein is super important to your body. Regardless of your eating style. Check out this post to learn a bit more about the importance of protein.
What protein-heavy leftovers do you have that would make an excellent breakfast or brunch the next day? Start thinking about those on top of a carb-friendly tortilla in the air-fryer with a touch of cheese perhaps? Wouldn’t that be yummy? I’m willing to gamble the answer is yes!
If people can eat avocado toast for breakfast, sans eggs. You can definitely top your tortilla with anything you wish. You do you and I support it!
Do You Want To Jump-Start The Keto Plan? Check Out The Custom Keto Diet
The Custom Keto Diet is a meal plan service designed to help you take control of your health and that number on the scale while customizing it to your preferences. It’s a huge platform that you’ve likely seen on your social media feeds.
- 8-week meal plan including the macronutrients you need to track
- A variety of food options based on your preference including recipes with step-by-step instructions
- A downloadable shopping list for the week keeping you organized and saving time
6. How Do I Avoid Carbs For Breakfast?
You need carbs to live, just the same as fats and proteins. But on the keto diet, you are limiting them. You’re limiting your carbohydrate intake to match your goals.
Instead of avoiding carbs, try spreading them out.
This Post Was All About Easy Low Carb Dinners
Other posts you may be interested in:
Enter your email address and never miss a post! Leave a comment and let us know what you have tried and what else you may wish to see from us.
THIS WEBSITE IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM.
615 Chestnut Street Lobby
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Low-Carb Egg Tortilla
The Eggy Base
- 2 each Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Handful Fresh Spinach
- Splash of Milk or Cream Optional
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Cooking Spray
- 1 each Low-Carb Tortilla
The Toppings - What Will You Choose?
- 1/4 cup Cooked Chicken, Shredded or Chopped Like rotisserie chicken
- 2 T Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 - 3 T Low Sugar BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- In a blender, add the egg whites, cottage cheese, spinach, and a splash of milk or cream.
- Blend until just combined, do not over-blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste or any other desired seasonings.
- Lightly grease the air-fryer tray or a small baking dish with cooking spray and place the tortilla shell creating a bowl shape.
- Gently pour the egg mixture making sure it does not spill over the edge of the tortilla.
- AIR-FRYER: Cook the egg mixture for 7-10 minutes at 400 degrees setting the egg enough to hold the toppings. Next, add the toppings and continue cooking for 7 - 15 minutes, or until the egg mixture has reached the desired firmness.
- OVEN: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cook the egg mixture with the toppings for 30 - 40 minutes or until it has set to the desired firmness.
- Let the egg tortilla rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.