Tuscan Chicken Is A Delicious Low-Carb Staple And Always Tops The Best Lazy Keto Meals List.
But, Have You Added Low-Carb Chicken Sausage To This Classic Dish?
You Should. This Bump Of Protein Takes It To Another Level. A Yummy One.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you. This information is not intended to be medical education and is not medical advice. It should not be used as a substitute for your or any medical professional. You should always seek counsel from your physician before beginning any new diet or exercise regime. Yes, this means talking with your doctor even if we’re simply making chicken. Also, Nom nom, nom.
Of course, you’ve heard of Tuscan Chicken, right? It’s a keto dream. It’s creamy, satisfying, and with this twist, packed with extra protein.
That’s why this is one of the best lazy keto meals that you’ll make over and over again.
Lazy Keto Meals
THIS ONE-POT LAZY KETO DINNER SOLVES WORLD PEACE
Okay, well, maybe that’s a stretch. But, if you don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking or cleaning, this is the perfect keto dinner for you. That’s a good start to a peaceful evening, no?
Cooking everything in one skillet, when it tastes this good, feels like cheating.
But it’s not cheating and it will stay within your lazy keto goals. You deserve this one! You deserve creamy, garlicky, cheesy, satisfying, and happiness. This Tuscan Chicken will make you happy tonight and you aren’t going to be mad at the leftovers tomorrow.
Do you ever wake up excited for leftovers? I do when they are this good!
The Best Of The Best Lazy Keto Meals; Tuscan Chicken
There are many ways to make this dish your own. I used sundried tomatoes, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and spinach after researching a few different recipes. You should use what you like and what you have room for within your carb totals.
This recipe yielded 4 servings. That means I’ve added about 9 carbs in just veggies per serving.
The beauty of this diet really is in the changes and swaps you can make while enjoying your food. For example, I wanted more protein and I’m obsessed with chicken sausage. So, I added it to the dish. I’m so glad I did.
Remember to play and experiment. Food is fun!
So let’s get into it.
Easy Lazy Keto Meals
First, take about a pound and a half of chicken and butterfly the breasts. Feel free to cut them in half, too, if they are too wide. You’re looking for a few portions with ‘equal-ish’ amounts of protein per serving.
Next, season the breasts and sear them on each side until the chicken is almost cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside.
Meanwhile, cut your chicken sausage to a desired size and sear in the same pan that you used to cook the chicken and set those aside when they have crispy edges. That’s my favorite part of cut pieces of chicken sausage.
Then you’ll saute. your veggies and build your creamy cheesy base before returning the chicken and chicken sausage to the skillet.
That’s it. It’s so easy!
Serve as is or over cauliflower rice which is the perfect vehicle for sopping up all that yummy sauce!
This Post Was All About Lazy Keto Meals
Additional Posts You May Be Interested In:
615 Chestnut Street Lobby
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Sausage
- 1.5 # Chicken Breast Butterfly
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Paprika, To Taste
- 1 pkg Chicken Sausage, Cut
- 1 T Sun-Dried Tomato Oil
- 1 small Red Onion, Diced
- 1 C Grape Tomatoes, Cut in Half
- 1 C Mushrooms, Slices
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/4 C Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 T Oregano
- 1/2 C Chicken Stock
- 1.5 C Heavy Cream
- 1 C Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- 10 oz Spinach
- Butterfly the chicken and season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika
- Add sun-dried tomato oil from the sun-dried tomato jar to a skillet over medium-high heat and then sear the chicken on both sides. About 3 - 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to rest on a plate and sear the chicken sausage until the ends are crispy. Place on the plate with the chicken
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, grape tomatoes, and mushrooms until the tomatoes begin to burst
- Add in the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and oregano stirring for 1 minute making sure the garlic doesn't burn, and then add the chicken stock to deglaze the pan
- Next, add the heavy cream stirring to combine
- Turn down the heat to low and add the parmesan cheese
- Stir in the spinach until wilted
- Next, return the chicken, chicken sausage, and any juices that have settled on the plate to the skillet and let simmer until well combined and the chicken is 165 degrees
- Serve over cauliflower rice and top with more parmesan cheese