It’s no secret; enjoying cheese for keto is a real perk! What type of cheese for keto, you ask? The answer should be whatever is YOUR favorite and if goat cheese is on that list, then this is the perfect recipe for you.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you. This information is not intended to be medical education and is not medical advice. It should not be used as a substitute for your or any medical professional. You should always seek counsel from your physician before beginning any new diet or exercise regime. Yes, this means talking with your doctor even if we’re just offering an overview of goat cheese. Which, if you love goat cheese, is prepared in the most delicious way. Nom nom nom.
It’s time to shake up your standards with cheese for keto options that are fast, easy, and delicious. Especially if you’ve found yourself wondering what other cheese recipes for keto are out there.
Let me dangle fried cheese for keto (insert big smile here) while also telling you that a low-carb option is not only available but that it could quite possibly become your new go-to for a fun lunch or snack option.
If that sounds good to you and you’re tired of reaching for the bag or block stuff, then this is your sign to try this recipe and add it to your next grocery list.
Read on for one of your new favorite cheese for keto recipes!
Cheese For Keto Is Getting An Easy Facelift.
What’s The Best Cheese For Keto?
If you’re reading this post, I assume you share a love for goat cheese. But to answer the question posed, any cheese that fits within your daily carb limits and ones that you love are the best cheese for keto. Staying within your daily carb limits (while also watching calories and food nutrition) is the goal for weight loss. Here, we will focus on goat cheese. But if you are not a fan, don’t worry, you can easily substitute mozzarella.
Cheese Recipes For Keto
There are so many options for you to consider as you branch out and learn. This one is my new favorite for lunch incorporating the creaminess of goat cheese while skipping a calorie-dense fried moment.
Do you remember that air-fryer that TikTok made you buy in 2020? It’s time to dust her off and put her to work.
Click HERE to see some air-fryer options. They are reasonably priced if you ask me, and the beauty of this product lies in the ability to simply turn it on and begin cooking straight away. You do not have to wait for a warm-up period as you do with baking or oil frying. You simply turn her on and away you go!
Too Much Cheese On Keto?
This is your reminder that balance and moderation are key. This is also a reminder that you are and should be allowed to enjoy your meals. Any conscious effort of eating should include things you like paired with the knowledge of your health goals.
Do You Want To Jump-Start The Keto Plan? Check Out The Custom Keto Diet
The Custom Keto Diet is a meal plan service designed to help you take control of your health and that number on the scale while customizing it to your preferences. It’s a huge platform that you’ve likely seen on your social media feeds.
- 8-week meal plan including the macronutrients you need to track
- A variety of food options based on your preference including recipes with step-by-step instructions
- A downloadable shopping list for the week keeping you organized and saving time
Baked Cheese For Keto
Fried mozzarella sticks often pop into my brain when I think of naughty food. I don’t know many people who do not love that town pizza classic.
Channeling that thought and playing around with the air-fryer, you too can produce a similar result in line with your keto restrictions. Within this recipe, you’ll want to pay special attention to 2 important factors. 1 – buy or make your keto bread crumbs, and 2 – you must freeze the cheese balls prior to baking them in the air fryer. Otherwise, you’ll have a soupy mess. Albeit a delicious mess.
Perfect little fried nuggets of keto cheese happiness.
Goat Cheese For Keto Snack
I had goat cheese in the refrigerator and intended to make them as a snack. Which, you must try. Alone, they are delicious once emerging warm and crispy from the air-fryer. But in keto, we also know the value of vegetables and leafy greens. Which I also had on hand.
Everyone has seen a goat cheese salad online or in a restaurant. So, this simple preparation can be a twofer. Enjoy it as a snack or atop a delicious salad with your favorite keto dressing.
The bottom line is that an air-fryer with keto goat cheese balls produces a super easy and delicious snack or meal.
When are you making this recipe for your next keto lunch?
Snack or Salad?
Keto Goat Cheese Balls (Snack or Salad Topper)
- 8 oz Log Goat Cheese
- 1 cup Keto Approved Flour
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Keto Bread Crumbs Or, pulse stale keto bread in a food processor to make your own bread crumbs
- Any Dry Seasoning You Wish Add this to both your bread crumbs and flour
- Slice the goat cheese into 8 equal parts and form a ball shape. Next, place the goat cheese balls into the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using 3 separate bowls, add the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs to their own bowl and season the dry ingredients with any dry herbs of your choosing.
- Remove the goat cheese balls from the freezer and dredge each into the flour bowl, then the egg bowl, and finally the breadcrumb bowl making sure to coat each ball completely. Return the balls to the freezer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Prepare your air-fryer basket by placing aluminum foil on the base and giving it a good spray of cooking oil. Arrange the goat cheese balls inside the basket and spray the tops of each with more cooking oil.
- Air-fry at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, turning each ball around the 4-minute mark.
- Remove each goat cheese ball once the breadcrumbs have turned a light golden brown and sprinkle with sea salt.
This Post Was All About Cheese For Keto; Yummy Goat Cheese Balls!
Other posts you may be interested in:
Enter your email address and never miss a post! Leave a comment and let us know what you have tried!
THIS WEBSITE IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM.
615 Chestnut Street Lobby | Suite 40112 | Philadelphia | PA | 19106