The Best Low Carb Pasta Sauce Is Made Right On Your Stovetop. Which You Should Then Use To Make A Deliciously Easy Keto “Lasagna”.
You’ll Be Making This Yummy Recipe Again And Again.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link(s) at no extra cost to you.
What smells better on a Sunday afternoon than your kitchen simmering something delicious? This is easily one of the best low carb pasta sauces to make at home with just the right amount left after making a protein-packed keto lasagna.
Best Low Carb Pasta Sauce
KETO PASTA SAUCE
The best low carb pasta sauce is one seasoned just the way you and your family like it. It’s easier than you think and it’s definitely cheaper than the store-bought options.
Skip the chemical stabilizers and or the hidden sugar. This small batch will be enough for a few keto recipes. Like this delicious one-pot low carb lasagna that you’re going to want to try this week!
Double the recipe if you want extra to store. This sauce will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer. Longer if you’re into canning things. I am not. Maybe I’ll learn next year?
BEST STORE BOUGHT LOW CARB PASTA SAUCE
You may be here just for the lasagna recipe and if that’s you, I’m glad you are because it’s delicious. Who doesn’t love an easy one-pot meal?
But you may not have time to make your own sauce if quick and easy is the name of your game today.
If that’s you, here are my top 3 keto pasta sauce brands.
- Rao’s. Everyone knows and loves Rao’s. You’ll find this at every major and probably most secondary stores.
- Yo Mama’s. You’ll love this brand if you haven’t heard of them yet. They are average in price for their products, have many keto-friendly options, and I’m mildly obsessed with their unsweetened ketchup.
- Prego. Did you know Prego has a no-sugar-added option? This old-school brand brings a classic taste to any dish and should be as easy to find as Rao’s.
QUICK PASTA SAUCE
If you’ve always been a store-bought sauce kinda person, making your own may seem daunting. It is not! It’s so easy, that you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried this sooner!
If flavor is your thing, as with different brands and different flavors/options, so are the possibilities with your homemade version.
This recipe will take you through a few easy stovetop steps. However, next time, you can experiment with oven-roasted tomatoes, onions, and garlic for example. You could even throw red peppers.
Are you a basil girly or an extra garlicky guy? Cool – make your sauce exactly as you wish and I bet you will soon leave the store-bought options behind.
For our recipe today, you’ll use 2 28-ounce cans of tomatoes and gather the following ingredients:
Normally, I opt for crushed tomatoes and end up using an immersion blender. Mistakenly, I grabbed puree, and strangely enough, I wasn’t big mad. Therefore, I will now recommend any style of canned tomatoes that you’d like as this sauce was delish!
ONE POT KETO LASAGNA
Now that we have our sauce, it’s time to use it to create a simple meal.
I was scrolling on TikTok, as one does, and came across a creator who was using Egglife Egg White Wraps as noodles in her one-pot lasagna. This recipe looked as delicious as it did easy and I was instantly hooked.
Both of them are now new friends and you should check them out, too.
Ashley cut up the zero-carb Egglife wrap to mimic wide noodles. Unfortunately, they were not at the store when I was shopping. So I substituted low carb tomato basil tortilla strips which worked just great.
You now have 2 “noodle” options to use for this recipe. Grab your preference and the following ingredients:
In addition to your choice of noodles is your choice of meat. I went with ground turkey. What will you choose?
All that is left is to build this dish in your large pot or skillet!
This Post Was All About The Best Low Carb Pasta Sauce
615 Chestnut Street Lobby
Philadelphia, PA 19106
One Pot Lasagna With The Best Low Carb Pasta Sauce
Low Carb Pasta Sauce
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 3 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 2 - 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Salt, Pepper, & Crushed Red Pepper To Taste
- 2 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Bunch of Basil, Hand Torn
One Pot Lasagna
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Minced
- 1 # Lean Ground Meat Your Choice
- Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes To Taste
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 2 T Italian Herbs
- 3 - 4 each Egglife Wrap or Low Carb Tortilla
- 20 - 24 ounces Low Carb Pasta Sauce
- Ricotta, To Taste
- Mozarella, To Taste
- Asiago, Shredded, To Taste
Low Carb Pasta Sauce
- Add the olive oil in a large pot or saucepan over medium heat
- Add the onion and celery and cook until translucent
- Next, add the garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper until fragrant
- Add the 2 cans of tomatoes and 1 can of water
- Stir, let the sauce gently boil before turning the heat down to low, and let it cook for 40 minutes stirring a few times
- Finally, turn off the heat, add the torn basil (as much as you'd like), stir and let the sauce cool to room temperature before using/storing it
One Pot Lasagna
- In a large skillet or cast iron pan, saute the onion in the olive oil
- Add in the lean meat and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, and cook until done
- Next, add in the garlic and Italian Herbs mixing until combined followed by the "noodles"
- Add the pasta sauce mixing well and finish with dollops of ricotta cheese, mozzarella balls, and shredded asiago cheese
- Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and cover until the cheese melts and the noodles soften. Serve with torn basil leaves as garnish